Pages

Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Canmake Cream Cheek blush swatches

These are some of most popular 'cult' drugstore products across Asia and having swatched them I can see why. Cute, jewel-like clear plastic packaging and a highly blendable packed-with-cones gel-cream texture that sets to a powder and is famed for lasting power even in humid Japanese summers.

These swatches are all one heavyish swipe onto a bare arm but they are very easy to blend and sheer out if need be. No. 8 was noticeably sheerer than the other shades. HK$72 each, or ¥609.

bright artificial light
swatch Canmake cream cheek 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

artificial light with flash
swatch Canmake cream cheek 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
If you want a laugh, check out the extremely specific shade descriptions on Canmake's English site. My own usual rambly drivellings follow:
2 Cherry Pink v sparkly warm pink
3 Strawberry Whip sparkly cool candy pink
5 Sweet Apricot warm  coral-red with gold microshimmer
7 Coral Orange peachy pink with sparse gold shimmer
8 Marshmallow Pink sheerish shimmery baby pink
9 Pinky Rose cool cherry-blossom pink satin
10 Sweet Orange subtly shimmery bright orange
11 Heavenly Heart neutral pink with gold microshimmer
12 Milky Orange bright pastel coral with sparse gold shimmer

Shades 1 Peach Dream, 4 Vitamin Orange and 6 Nut Cream (*snicker*) were discontinued earlier this year. Shade 12 Milky Orange was limited edition from Summer 2011 but you may still be able to find some in drugstores.

11 comments:

  1. Vow...amazing shades. I just love it. I like all of the shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gawk. My lemmings = a mile long :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I'll have to pick up a few more in Japan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makeup Products: I can see why these are so popular :)

    Gingi: noooo! Remember creams go bad and develop strange mould-like things.

    Nicole: Oooh, I should've known you'd already have a few stashed away...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look so pretty, thank you for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting, Madeline! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of the shades are superb. But i like 'Marshmallow Pink' very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a few of these myself and I love them. I received Marshmallow Pink yesterday from a friend and I am delighted with it. It will be perfect for my ghostly face in the mid winter!

    Have you tried Illamasqua cream blushes? I think that they are good too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Old Cow :)

    I'm a huge fan of cream blushes and the Illamasqua ones are some of my faves :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful swatches! Is #9 the LEAST shimmery cool pink (kind of Nars Gaiety cream version)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the closest, Anya :) Not sure how them compare exactly as Gaiety hadn't come out when I made these

      Delete