Pages

Friday, 21 October 2011

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet and new Extrait de Gloss

I love every product in Chanel's Rouge Allure stable: the Extraits de Gloss converted me (strictly a lipstick girl) to the wonders of weightless, pigmented, gel-based lipglosses. Dragon Laque is my platonic blood red and most frequently-worn lip product; I've gone through several tubes and repurchased faithfully without hesitation. The Rouge Allures themselves are luscious, moisturising cream lipsticks in sophisticated shades, and one of my favourite formulas.

The Rouge Allure Velvets promise to be pigmented, lightweight, moisturising 'luminous matte' lipsticks. In the past the only formulas I've found to work for my chronically dry lips have been Lancome Colour Design Matte, Shiseido Glowing Matte and Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Matte and so far, these new Chanel Velvets measure up. :)

Chanel has chosen to release 8 shades in each country, out of a possible 11. In Hong Kong they consist of:
31 La Furtive
32 La Ravissante
33 La Distinguée
34 La Raffinée
35 L'Élégante
36 La Câline
37 L'Exubérante
38 La Fascinante
(39 La Somptueuse, 40 La Sensuelle and 41 L'Exquise are missing.)

Alongside these, Chanel has released two new shades of Extrait de Gloss: 64 L'Exubérance and 65 Euphorique which I've also swatched. The beige gloss swatch is the old 51 Insouciance which was sneakily substituted for the limited-edition 517 Triomphal in the display; I'll attempt to swatch that another day.

Everything is one-swipe except for 31 La Furtive and 51 Insouciance which required two each.

Natural light
swatch Chanel Velvet Rouge Allure 31 La Furtive 32 La Ravissante 33 La Distinguée 34 La Raffinée 35 L'Élégante 36 La Câline 37 L'Exubérante 38 La Fascinante Extrait de Gloss 64 L'Exuberance 65 Euphorique 51 Insouciance

afternoon sunlight, angled
swatch Chanel Velvet Rouge Allure 31 La Furtive 32 La Ravissante 33 La Distinguée 34 La Raffinée 35 L'Élégante 36 La Câline 37 L'Exubérante 38 La Fascinante Extrait de Gloss 64 L'Exuberance 65 Euphorique 51 Insouciance

8 comments:

  1. I like the new RA velvets >.< they make me feel so vintage, lol. I think I need 64 (?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 64 is amazing! It's the most pigmented EdG so far I think -- is it not out in Germany, then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen it, but I will take a look again, I tried 32 today, and it looked so good, I thought it will look like orange wasabi, but I loved it >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. those look amazing.. that is crazy how pigmented they are! I have never tried any Chanel lippies! *hides*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need 33! Although it might not suit me :( Btw my Dragon is missing with 4 other Dior quints *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. LJ: they are intense! I think you would really like the regular Rouge Allures, and Dragon lacque of course ;)

    Gingi: 33 is the one I'm eyeing next XD How could your Dragon go missing?!

    Claire: Ooh, good to know. I will have to try that one on then, skintwin...

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so pretty! I want them all. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole: heh, I can't wait to go home and check out the darker shades :D

    ReplyDelete