Pages

Sunday, 9 October 2011

Fasio Glass Reflection Eyes Swatches

Fasio is Kose's sleek&simple drugstore line in competition with Kanebo KATE and Shiseido Integrate. Honestly, the most striking thing about it for me has been the use of boy-band-Arashi-member and one of the busiest (and most fabulous) hams around the Japanese actor/singer/model circuit, Matsumoto Jun, in its ads. Click here for the latest example. And if you haven't already seen it (WHY NOT?!), watch Hana Yori Dango NOW. Both series (the movie you can skip... ask me how I know.) And Kimi wa Petto while you're at it.

Glass Reflection Eyes (released autumn 2011, 5 permanent shades) are your standard Japanese drugstore gradational palettes, so the USP here is the round pan, which contains a "Glow Base," an intensely shimmery gel-cream to be patted on either under or over the powders. While I wasn't wowed by the textures of these (they're uh, nice...) they DO exhibit some great colour-shifting due to the complex multi-hued shimmer which I have rarely encountered in drugstore eyeshadows. So I took pictures in different lighting conditions to hopefully capture the dual nature of these shades.

All swatches are one swipe onto a bare arm. 1st pic: natural light. 2nd: artificial+flash.

BE-1
 
BR-2

GR-3

PK-4

PU-5 (this would be my pick -- unique colours and the biggest shift)


As always, Yuki's Lazy Channel has excellent swatches on a medium skintone here.

6 comments:

  1. I love it! Hana Yori Dango FTW! An oldie but a goodie. The swatches look yummy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skip the movie?!

    She punches a bear. In the face. And it dies.
    That single-handedly makes the movie amazing.

    Lizzie/S
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...well I see Matsujun is the main draw for everyone else too :D

    Miss S: Nuh-uh! It makes those particular five seconds five seconds of filmic epicness, the rest of the movie is pure dreck! And I like the Hana Kimi movie so my standards, they not so high...

    ReplyDelete
  4. GR3 looks interesting. But I am boring nowadays and don't do green shadows :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gingi -- no greens? That's fightin talk here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know, Hana Kimi is a classic - much more respected than Hana Yori Dango. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the bear, imo the scene's amazing-ness overflows onto the whole movie, and thus makes it amazing too. That's a legitimate movie-making technique actually.

    ReplyDelete