Pages

Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Giorgio Armani Designer Lift foundation comparison

Designer Lift is the latest foundation from Armani, released this autumn and supposed to bridge the gap between liquid and cream foundation. According to the sales assistant, it's best suited for normal-dry skin, and offers medium-to-full coverage with a silky matte finish. It will be the fullest-coverage liquid foundation that Armani makes, but will provide less than the Designer Shaping Cream foundation.

Left to Right:
Face Fabric 2, 1
Designer Lift 2, 3, 4
Designer Shaping Cream 4
Lasting Silk 2
Luminous Silk 2

natural light, direct light
Armani foundation swatch Face Fabric 2, 1 Designer Lift 2, 3, 4 Designer Shaping Cream 4 Lasting Silk 2 Luminous Silk 2

natural light, shade
Armani foundation swatch Face Fabric 2, 1 Designer Lift 2, 3, 4 Designer Shaping Cream 4 Lasting Silk 2 Luminous Silk 2

6 comments:

  1. I think with my fake tan, I could wear some of these >_<. but I think GA foundations are very overpriced. I am lemming guerlain lingerie de peau #1 now :D *cries and don't understands why they don't have this shade here*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could definitely swing Lasting Silk 2 now... probably face fabric too as that's so sheer.
    If you want the Guerlain, you haz me... :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this, thank you for the swatches! Do you know when this will be available in the UK? I usually wear LaS 2, do you think DL 3 will be a match for me? Have you tried any other foundations that are similar in colour to the LaS 2? Thank you for the help :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Madeline, I'm afraid I'm not clear on the UK release date.

    I think DL3 is quite a bit more yellow and a little darker than Lasting Silk 2, but foundation is so personal! Other shades worth trying might be Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in 0 Porcelain, MAC Studio Sculpt in NC15 and Chanel Lift Lumiere in 05 Faience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the Designer Lift No.4 more yellow toned or pink? I need cool undertones..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely yellow; I'm afraid Armani doesn't seem to offer much in the way of pink shades.

      Delete