Pages

Sunday, 16 October 2011

Lavshuca Moist Melting Rouge Swatches

We  are almost at the halfway point through Lavshuca's enormous collection of lip products (through which they justifiably dominate the Japanese drugstore market).

These Moist Melting Rouges are probably their most popular/famous lipsticks, because they are excellent dupes for the high-end Cle de Peau Extra Silky ones / Dior Serum de Rouge. Personally, having owned a few shades from all three lines, I can't discern a difference in quality. If anything, the Lavshuca ones are superior because:
1) any shimmer is subtler; some of the Cle de Peau ones are unwearably borderline-frosty to me, especially as they wear off
2) the click-mechanism is retractable, so you don't have to be on tenterhooks when clicking out
3) better shades than the Diors (although Dior seem to be tweaking this now)

No scent/taste, sheer-medium pigmentation but buildable, extremely moisturising and they stay glossy on the lips. Lasting power is average for a glossy lipstick and they will fade evenly; touch-ups will be necessary after a drink/snack, but with these you really won't need a mirror for that.

12 permanent shades, HK$90 for 1.6g.
Swatches all two swipes onto bare arm, bright artificial lighting.
Lavshuca Moist Melting Rouge Swatches PK-5, PK-6, PK-7, RS-2,  RD-3. RD-4, OR-2, OR-3, BE-4, BE-5, BE-6, BE-7

angled
Lavshuca Moist Melting Rouge Swatches PK-5, PK-6, PK-7, RS-2,  RD-3. RD-4, OR-2, OR-3, BE-4, BE-5, BE-6, BE-7

Shade names for search purposes: PK-5, PK-6, PK-7, RS-2,  RD-3. RD-4, OR-2, OR-3, BE-4, BE-5, BE-6, BE-7

13 comments:

  1. the colours are really great here. I like them >_<. how is your vidi vici haunting? have you discovered something nice? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good lord these look amazing! 0_0

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much are these?????!!!! Gawk! I want them!!! Gotta figure out how to get them in USA :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nvm I fail at reading your blog. HK90 I see XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK.... So I have been looking at this post for a day now and I wasn't sure what to say but now I know... om nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ghhh RD-4. Your blog will be the downfall for my wallet love :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. mwahahah :D I love you, my fellow hive-lings!

    Gingi: adambeauty has them here:
    http://www.adambeauty.com/showitem.php?itemtype=detail&itemid=lv-mmlip&brandid=2049&language=EN&agentid=2&productid=1&brandSubid=&groupid=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woot!!! You are the best! Which do you think will suit me? NC25 Asian :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want all of them :O
    Amazing how you can make everything look so buyable...and I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have these in RD-4, which I love, and PK-5, which disappointed me. On every swatch I'd seen online, it looked (liked on yours) like a medium neutral to cool pink, but mine looks more like PK-7 with some beige/brown mixed into it. I'm starting to suspect they packed the wrong colour into the box, considering the lipsticks themselves don't have the colours printed on them.

    Anyway, thanks for the swatches! I'm considering getting Kate's High Glam in RS-11 now, at least Kanebo's rose shades never pull brown on me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Julia - Lavshuca is a Kanebo brand as well...

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Tammie: I know.
    What I said was that Lavshuca's PK shade pulled brown on me, but that at least Kanebo brands' RS shades don't. So what's with the condescending comment?

    ReplyDelete