Pages

Monday, 17 October 2011

Majolica Majorca Blush Swatches

Majolica Majorca is one of Shiseido's most popular drugstore brands, and probably epitomises most foreigners' ideas about that 'kawaii stuff wot those Japanese folk like'. Packaging tends to princessy extras, glitter plays a starring role, and the website is a ADD-flash-packed camp dream/nightmare, but they also happen to make some standout products.

Earlier this year, the Puff de Cheek blushes, four mattes(!) in adorable round tin packaging with cute mini-puffs (HK$118 for 7g) were runaway bestsellers across Asia. Only two made it into the permanent line-up, and I've swatched them here alongside the four permanent shades from the Customise Cheeks range (HK$75 for 3g).

All swatches are two swipes layered onto bare arm. Natural light (no, I don't know what going on with my arm hair either... full moon that night perhaps?)
Puff de Cheek first two on left, other four are Customise Cheeks.

Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek PK301 OR302 Customise Cheek 88 PK333 OR211 RD255

Customise Cheek RD255 is another one of those Nars Orgasm dupes, 88 is a lilacy highlighter which has reached cult classic status; both are too frosty for my tastes. PK333 and OR211 are the pretty cool pink and bright coral peach shades you can find in every Japanese line.

4 comments:

  1. You are such a lemming creator! How do these compare to the Media blushes? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible to think I need all of them! Shheeeeeesssshhh! :) I love that you are swatching it up! ANd love the falling leaves in the background! I like the new look! (Not sure how new it is)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one puff de cheek and like it, very long lasting and natural looking. I've never tried the other Majolica blushers actually, the packaging seems so cheap and I don't like the look of it, haha :D *a really good reason not to buy a blush, lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bad Gingi! You're supposed to be my purging inspiration lol. I'd say Media are far better textures if you don't mind shimmer -- getting these to swatch even took a bit of work tbh.

    LJ: :* only a few days I think? too much flying: brain no worky.

    Claire: lol! We need all the excuses we can get :D I believe Mira has a couple of the singles.

    ReplyDelete