Pages

Wednesday, 30 November 2011

A bit of fun (and absolutely no originality)

A friend wrote that it was a pity Addiction Revenge powder blush wasn't as multipurpose as the cheekstick, as she preferred its pink tinge. So I present: Revenge powder blush as eyeshadow!

The entire look was shamelessly -- shamelessly -- lifted wholesale from Lisa Eldridge's latest video.

All pics in artificial light without flash because I expected it to be hideous but it ended up being surprisingly bloggable. Sorry for the weird angles -- I was circling my brightest lightbulb like a particularly vapid moth.


Still, the front view shows it's never going to be the most flattering look on my asymmetrical eyes. Unless you lovely readers should have some advice...?


Products:
Addiction Revenge powder blush on eyes and (very lightly) on cheeks
KATE gel liner BK-1
Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Fatal Blacks Waterproof mascara
Lips are a mix of Guerlain Rouge G Girly and Sonia Rykiel Sublime 02
Lunasol Undereye concealer 00
Nars Sheer Glow Siberia (man, this is yellow. I always forget that.)

6 comments:

  1. will you hate me when I say - I LOVE IT! OMG, you should be in biteki for sure! amazing! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Kabuki-esque! This will only work on beautiful pale skin like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in practically all colors. And I wouldn't have noticed any asymmetry if you hadn't pointed it out, but I suppose that's why eyeliner is so exalted in Asian makeup, because it has the power to shift the shape of the eyes, so maybe it's just a matter of tweaks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very bold and fun! So unexpected :D I think I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!

    Jamilla: the grass is always greener! I always wish I could pull off the looks on Makeupandbeautyblog :)

    Dain: Sadly I have to do the classic eyeliner-ALL-over-lid thing on my left eye to make it match my right. And then strive not to blink. Stupid British slacker upbringing ruining my innate Azn powers of dedication....

    ReplyDelete