This time, all the brushes are my own, and post-wash/use. I prefer smaller brushes for precision so these are all multipurpose blush / highlight / contour / powder brushes for me.
1. Hakuhodo Large Pointed Yachiyo pointed round goat hair brush
2. Shu Uemura 20 Pony blunt round flat pony hair brush
3. Chikuhodo Z-4 round flat grey squirrel brush
4. Suqqu Cheek tapered round flat grey squirrel brush
5. Chikuhodo Z-2 candle-shaped grey squirrel brush
6. Sigma F35 pointed round brush (hair unknown, I suspect pony/goat/synthetic)
7. MAC 188 goat/synthetic duofibre stippling brush
8. Hakuhodo S116 tapered flat blue squirrel brush
9. Chikuhodo Z-3 rounded flat-top grey squirrel brush
A closer look at the round flat brushes, hopefully showing the cross-sectional differences better
2. Chikuhodo Z-4
3. Suqqu Cheek
4. Hakuhodo S116
Head to Head: Suqqu Cheek (top), Chikuhodo Z-4 (bottom)
Cross-sections Suqqu Cheek (left) Chikuhodo Z-4 (right)
Both handmade by Chikuhodo from uncut grey squirrel. You can see for yourselves the Suqqu is smaller and more directional with a wider variety of hair lengths used to achieve that tapered shape.
Something which doesn't show so clearly in photos is that the Suqqu is also less densely packed and allows a softer, more diffuse application of powders and easier blending. In fact, I would say it blends and applies in one stroke slightly better than the Z-4.