Pages

Monday, 27 February 2012

Addiction by Ayako Suspicious Cheek Stick

Playing catch up -- can you believe I got this for Christmas?! And now it's almost Suqqu Spring time March.

I actually find the formula of Suspicious differs slightly from my other Addiction cheek sticks; it seems even more matte and has slightly less slip than Revenge or Amazing. This could be batch variation, or by design -- the other two are brights, and this is a sombre (almost severe) deep plum, with a distinctly blue base and few pink tones to lighten it. I suppose it's fitting as suspicion is a much colder, indeterminate state...

The most similar shade I own is MAC's Dirty Plum powder blush (from Liberty of London), but it is easier to wear than Suspicious, with more berry-redness. I've swatched them together, along with some other vaguely-in-the-same-region shades, and the other two cheek sticks.

Sleek Pomegranate
Becca Beach Tint Raspberry
MAC Dirty Plum
Addiction Cheek Sticks: Suspicious, Revenge and Amazing

blush swatch Sleek Pomegranate Becca Beach Tint Raspberry MAC Dirty Plum Addiction Cheek Stick Suspicious, Revenge Amazing


natural light
blush swatch Sleek Pomegranate Becca Beach Tint Raspberry MAC Dirty Plum Addiction Cheek Stick Suspicious, Revenge Amazing

with flash to show textural variation
blush swatch Sleek Pomegranate Becca Beach Tint Raspberry MAC Dirty Plum Addiction Cheek Stick Suspicious, Revenge Amazing

4 comments:

  1. I find the packaging of the Addiction blush sticks quite interesting! Is the formula easy to blend (I know you mention Suspicious has less slip)? I'm actually intrigued by the Sleek which is unusual for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Modesty, they are supremely easy to blend -- easier than Becca Beach Tints, even Suspicious. I have the crappiest, most dessicated lips in the world (true story) and can wear them as lipsticks -- though S. looks a little dry whereas the other two are smooth, matte perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have gotten these from Addiction, but I've already spent too much money in Japan! Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate,

    Thanks so much. Wish come true to read your review of this and just in time for me to replace this item for the color Rose Bar while retaining Revenge and Amazing as planned. A friend is spending a month in Japan and has agreed to be a makeup courier for my Jpn. brand lusts. By the way, I just got my Suqqu Creamy Glow lipsticks and loose powder from Dolly Leo and they are divine as I hoped, perhaps more. Thanks again! Your reviews are some of the most intelligent, articulate, and readable out there.

    ReplyDelete