Pages

Saturday, 11 February 2012

RBR Sweet Dust Seriema swatches and quick FOTD

As I've drivelled before, Rouge Bunny Rouge matte eyeshadows are my favourite formula evarrr. (It's insanely cold, piratical stylings help. But when don't they?) Creamy, pigmented, and extremely blendable -- one of the few powder formulas my dry lids can wear even in sub-zero temperatures.

They recently added two new shades to the lineup, Bashful Flamingo (described as 'a pale powder-pink') and Sweet Dust Seriema ('a cool dusty mauve taupe') which I of course snapped up immediately on Zuneta. As did quite a few of me hearties, which is why it's already sold out. No worries, it's permanent and should be restocked, hopefully before the 20% off code (ELLE20) expires on Feb 28th.

Sweet Dust Seriema rounds out my collection of RBR neutrals nicely. Here with Chestnut-napped Apalis, Papyrus Canary, Grey Go-away Lourie and Solstice Halcyon (the only non-matte in the village collage):

Swatches, one swipe with sponge in natural light (which was fading rapidly. Hence messiness.)

Compared with a random hodge-podge of stash neutrals (it really needs to be depotted to fit in):

  1. MAC Wedge (closer to Chestnut-napped Apalis, albeit warmer)
  2. Stila Fog (long, long dc'd)
  3. Shu Uemura M Brown 801 (2nd gen, dc'd)
  4. RBR Sweet Dust Seriema
  5. RBR Solstice Halcyon
  6. Addiction Concrete Jungle (see how grey it looks set against taupes?)
  7. BECCA Lamé
It's pretty much the matte, slightly cooler version of Solstice Halcyon, and the closest 'dupe' for Stila Fog I've found in a decade (with an even better texture than '90s Stila :D), though SDS has more mauve and less brown than Fog.

(Because some will ask: this purchase doesn't count as one of my twelve of this year, because it's a replacement for Wedge. Project One Pan, if you like...)

An incredibly basic look, thrown on the morning SDS landed on my doorstep: SDS all over the lid and under the eye sits as a perfectly unobtrustive neutral on my skintone, the perfect setting for the obnoxious yellow of Shu gel liner Citrine on the inner corner with lemony Suqqu eyeshadow single 12 Usukiiro (dc) to blend. GOSH white kohl on waterline, Helena Rubinstein Feline Blacks mascara, Shu H9 brow pencil Seal Brown.
Other products: Guerlain Rouge G Garçonne, RBR Gracilis blush. Lunasol concealer under eyes.

8 comments:

  1. Gasp, I was wondering if I needed this! Hermmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love ♥♥♥ Solstice Halcyon but always wished it were a touch cooler, so your comparison makes me very happy. I just wish the new colors were offered in that lovely satin finish.

    I ordered both of the new mattes 10 days ago, and I still haven't received them (normally I get stuff within 3-4 days). My order wasn't big enough for DHL, and I had requested samples, so that will teach me to slow my own order down! *tantrum*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I'm glad you mentioned Stila Fog, and I wonder if I still have it in my makeup pile. I was very disappointed in how their eyeshadow texture hardened over the last several years. I am also curious if RBR SDS is similar to Stila Rain, a color I loved but couldn't stand the hard surface.

    When Stila took away the parabens, they took away the creamy texture that once made their eyeshadows so gorgeous. But I digress. Clearly I am suffering from RBR fevah.

    Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for these swatches. They are extremely helpful. I also immediately thought - got to search my stash for Stila fog and rain. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic post. I need this color...nao.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great and I'll have to get that at some point.
    I really like the eye look you have done, I wouldn't think to put those colours together but it really works x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zuzu and bastet: awesome to have you ladies over for a impromptu Stila squealathon. Ah, old-school Stila was so buttery and COVETABLE. I'm jealous that both of you have Rain still.

    Replica, you're so kind :) I'm actually well into a yellow phase so at the moment, everything gets paired with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it really is as beautiful as I imagined from the description. I keep kicking myself about my stupid eyeshadow ban as I would have been all over it. At least it's not going anywhere soon.

    I love that look you put together. The yellow looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete