Pages

Saturday, 10 March 2012

Sleek Blush By 3 Trio swatches and monochrome FOTD

Sleek make some of my favourite blushes at any price point. Texture-wise you won't be getting something creamily unctuous like RBR or impossibly silky like Suqqu or Shiseido. But they are excellent, pigmented, drier formulas which I find superior to the more comparable Nars, Illamasqua and MUFE -- the tightly packed powderiness of Sleek doesn't ever translate to chalkiness or free-floating glitter on my skin, perhaps because their intensity means I can get away with a few molecules per cheek... I'm a big fan of the almost texture-less vibrancy of pigment they give, and their unusual, ambitious shade range.

To which there are limits. There are quite a few dupes for permanent Sleek singles in these trios -- comparison swatches here.

Unlike the eyeshadow palettes (which I don't care for), and like Sleek's blush singles, these Blush By 3 Trios are made in Taiwan. Each palette contains an incredible 20g for £9.99 and are limited edition, exclusive to Superdrug.

363 Pumpkin
Sleek Blush by 3 trio pumpkin swatch lantern squash p pie
Lantern is a red-gold satin shimmer; Squash a cool bright pink with a sheen; P Pie an intense neon orange matte.


364 Sugar
swatch Sleek Blush by 3 trio sugar demerara muscovado turbinado
Demerara is a rich, warm red with a sheen; Muscovado a stunning duochrome shifting between ruby/plum and copper/gold; Turbinado a matte muted terracotta.


365 Flame
swatch Sleek Blush by 3 trio flame molten bon fire bonfire furnace
Molten is a soft brick red with a sheen; Bon Fire (sic. why.) an glow-in-the-dark bright true red matte; Furnace a warm orange-red satin.


366 Pink Sprint
swatch Sleek Blush by 3 trio pink sprint pinktini pink ice pink parfait
Pinktini is a saturated raspberry-rose with a sheen, Pink Ice a fun blue-fuchsia matte, Pink Parfait an elegant demi-matte warm plum.


367 Lace
swatch Sleek Blush by 3 trio lace chantilly guipure crochet
Chantilly is a soft clear apricot matte (sheered out it gives me that platonic peaches&cream complexion), Guipure is another rose-gold Orgasm-a-like shimmer, Crochet is a softly sheeny complex red-coral-pink in the RBR Orpheline/Illamasqua Hussy vein.


I made heavy swatches with sponge applicators to show the colours and undertones as clearly as possible -- in practice, they all apply smoothly enough to use as eyeshadows, and even the most shimmery shades translate as a soft even sheen e.g. in this quick monochrome look using the Sugar palette (all 3 shades on eyes, and Muscovado on cheeks):
nat light

with flash -- see, no glitter on cheeks!
Lips: Kanebo Sensai The Lipstick 21 Shirafuji
Face: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Soft Ivory mixed with RBR Sea of Tranquility, Ellis Faas concealer.
Eyes: Shu Uemura white pencil, Rose of Versailles liquid liner, Majolica Majorca LEFP mascara, Shu H9 Seal Brown brow pencil.


NB you eagle-eyed twelve-resolution-monitors: I received four of these as a personal gift, and bought Lace to replace a finished Becca Rosebud cream blush.

14 comments:

  1. The blushes are so intense and vibrant! Wow... you rock the 'red' eyeshadow! A very edgy look! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great deal (especially they are similar to Nars, a formula I like a lot) on those blushes! Anyway, I totally got distracted by the pretty lipstick though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want these blush trios sooo bad! Looks great as an eyeshadow on you! :)

    http://anaurachicbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous look!
    I guess I'm a bit too wild for this superpigmented formula of Sleek, but I love the fact it is pigmented enough for darker skins and people (like you) who can manage a good pigmented blush.
    I had to giggle about "it gives me that platonic peaches&cream": I sometimes like to look platonic instead of desirable...he he, so noting down that colour ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply <3 that look!
    Those blushes look like they're on steroids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blushes are simply gorgeous - great swatches! Which trio is your favourite out of the bunch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess: thank you so much :) I'm loving all 'blush' shades on eyes right now.

    Citrine: these are definitely worth a try -- you can pick up the singles on ebay for not too crazy prices.

    Glamour Girl: you rock these shades on eyes too :)

    Birkin: well my posh Chikuhodo brushes need a purpose in life... to apply cheap ds blushes! lol

    Musing: you pretty wordsmith you :)

    bastet: it has to be Pink Sprint. I'm a sucker for mattes/satins and these also fill a colour gap in my blush wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this Sleek trios just look wonderful... I wish they were available @ Mexico. Have a nice day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your picture = drool worthy! :) Very awesome swatches...these are some serious color choices to have. Loved that you made them multi-use and cant wait to see other looks with the other palettes~!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your swatches are YUMMY! I think I'm going to try them as eyeshadow as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great swatches Guipure is such a pretty shade

    m new follower i would love if you follow back

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're sure becoming famous. Googled swatches of these blushes and you were one of the first to come up. Thought, "Wait, that name sounds familiar.."

    Good to see it's so successful :D Swatches are splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I want them all! Wish we got them here in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's very simple to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this site.
    Also visit my page ... golden virginia

    ReplyDelete