Pages

Monday, 5 March 2012

Suqqu Spring Blend Eyeshadow Palette swatches

Three new quints were just released and will be joining Suqqu's permanent collection; like the quads, they are priced at £45 each. They will however be replacing three of the current lineup of Blend Eyeshadow Palettes -- 02 Kokedama, 03 Matsukasa and 05 Sakurakaba will be discontinued, so if you've had your eye on any of those, it's time to decide whether to pull the trigger.

Unlike palettes 01-06 (which feature two mattes, a delicate satin shimmer, and a shimmery metallic) and unlike 06 and 07 (one matte, two iridescent sparkles, and a satin), these new quints include:
  • top left: sheerish iridescent sparkle
  • top right: pigmented iridescent metallic (almost molten-creamy, extremely impressive)
  • bottom left: split pan with two very pigmented shades, an iridescent satin and a matte with very sparse microshimmer
  • bottom right: standard Suqqu matte primer/base shade
I was underwhelmed by the early pictures/swatches but as always, Suqqu's attention to detail (unusual undertones, neutrals made complex by multi-dimensional shimmer) and constantly improving textures (a step up in pigmentation without sacrificing any of the silky smoothness) won me over when I played with these in person. With thanks again to the friends who let me sample their precioussesses for the blog, I present: swatches! (Comparison swatches here.)

All swatches are one swipe with the included sponge applicators.

09 Usumoegi, natural light
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 09 Usumoegi palette

09 Usumoegi, with flash
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 09 Usumoegi palette

09 Usumoegi, natural light
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 09 Usumoegi palette swatch

09 Usumoegi, natural sunlight (!)
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 09 Usumoegi palette swatch

09 Usumoegi, fuzzy flash pic to show iridescence
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 09 Usumoegi palette swatch


10 Kozuecha, natural light
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 10 Kozuecha palette

10 Kozuecha, with flash
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 10 Kozuecha palette

10 Kozuecha, natural light
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 10 Kozuecha palette swatch

10 Kozuecha, natural sunlight
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 10 Kozuecha palette swatch

10 Kozuecha, fuzzy flash pic to show iridescence
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 10 Kozuecha palette swatch


11 Himesango, natural light
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 11 Himesango

11 Himesango, with flash
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 11 Himesango

11 Himesango, natural light
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 11 Himesango swatch

11 Himesango, natural sunlight
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 11 Himesango swatch

11 Himesango, fuzzy flash pic to show iridescence
Suqqu Blend Eyeshadow 11 Himesango swatch

9 comments:

  1. Why are they all so pretty? I am not made of £££! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! I know these deserve to go to someone who can pull them off neutrals better than I do, but, oh man, these are insanely attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I want one but which? I wish it was easy to get my hands on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, the gold shade is just amazing! I haven't found the perfect gold for me yet. I imagine a red lipstick and this gold - green combo :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are insanely beautiful! I might have to forgo my Suqqu virgin status for one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are ze best. Thanks for the beautiful swatches/photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kate,

    Just want to say thanks for the awesome swatches.
    So I caved into Suqqu (finally!). All thanks to your swatches, I picked up #10.
    Just received it today & can’t wait to try it out! :D

    Cheers,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete