Pages

Thursday, 1 March 2012

Suqqu Spring Blush Duo and Lipstick Swatches

Today, Suqqu finally launched its spring collection in UK and I went to pick up a few bits and bobs for my nearest 'n' dearests. Inquiring minds may like to know that the counter was not mobbed as in previous years, and they've instituted a no-purchasing-of-multiples policy. These two elements may be related...

From March 15th-18th, the incredibly talented Suqqu International Makeup Artist Kazumi Obayashi will be visiting the London counter again. Makeovers with her are *correction: £70* redeemable and there will be gifts with purchase too.

Nuancing Cheeks (£38 each) are blush duos which feature two well pigmented shades in Suqqu's incredibly smooth, blendable textures:
  • left: a satin with very subtle shimmer (think Shiseido+)
  • right: a satin matte scattered through with larger but v. sparse shimmer flecks (not overspray)
Each limited edition compact contains 3.8g of product and as always, includes an excellent squirrel hair brush.
All swatches made with sponge applicators. One swipe for the single shades, two swipes for the layered swatches. For Comparison Swatches, click through.

EX-01 Botaniro, natural light
Suqqu Blush Nuancing Cheeks Duo EX-01 Botaniro

EX-01 Botaniro, with flash
Suqqu Blush Nuancing Cheeks Duo EX-01 Botaniro

EX-01 Botaniro left pan // right pan // mixed, natural light
Suqqu Blush Nuancing Cheeks Duo EX-01 Botaniro swatch

EX-01 Botaniro swatches with flash
Suqqu Blush Nuancing Cheeks Duo EX-01 Botaniro swatch

EX-02 Kohakusui, natural light
Suqqu Blush Nuancing Cheeks Duo EX-02 Kohakusui

EX-02 Kohakusui, with flash
Suqqu Blush Nuancing Cheeks Duo EX-02 Kohakusui

EX-02 Kohakusui, left pan // right pan // mixed, natural light
Suqqu Blush Nuancing Cheeks Duo EX-02 Kohakusui swatch

EX-02 Kohakusui, swatches with flash
Suqqu Blush Nuancing Cheeks Duo EX-02 Kohakusui swatch

EX-03 Akanemizu, natural light
Suqqu Blush Nuancing Cheeks Duo EX-03 Akanemizu

EX-03 Akanemizu, with flash
Suqqu Blush Nuancing Cheeks Duo EX-03 Akanemizu

EX-03 Akanemizu, left pan // right pan // mixed, natural light
Suqqu Blush Nuancing Cheeks Duo EX-03 Akanemizu swatch

EX-03 Akanemizu swatches with flash
Suqqu Blush Nuancing Cheeks Duo EX-03 Akanemizu swatch


Creamy Glow Moist Lipsticks (3.8g, £27 each). Unlike the current lineup of Creamy Glow lipsticks, these three new shades are sheer, shimmer-free jellies like the trio released last autumn. Two shades will join the permanent line but the third (EX-04) is limited edition.
Swatches are three swipes each

01 Haruoto // 02 Kurumiiro // EX-04 Tousakura
natural light
Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist lipstick swatch 01 Haruoto // 02 Kurumiiro // EX-04 Tousakura

natural light, full sun
Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist lipstick swatch 01 Haruoto // 02 Kurumiiro // EX-04 Tousakura

10 comments:

  1. Wow Kate, those blushes are especially gorgeous. What a nice kick in the pants to the current sedate blush line up in the permanent line. I have some Spring product en route to me and can't wait to get them. I got the EX-03 blush. Your swatches look gorgeously pigmented. If I could only afford all the blushes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What special colors are 02 Kohakusui, though I doubt I could wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EX-03 looks so pretty! I want to get EX-01 for my friend just because it's named Peony and she loves Peonies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg I want everything!! Did you try the bright face veil at the counter? I'm trying to decide if I want it. I can't get to a counter (I'm in Canada) but I'm going to ask my cousin to CP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blush duos, but of course! I layer mine all the time, why has nobody thought of it before, WHY?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with Kohakusui! To think I will not be able to get my hands on it is causing me a lot of heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blush duos look very appealing. I think I'd like the lipstick texture too. It's great to hear that the counter wasn't mobbed and they're no longer allowing multiple purchases. Hopefully they will still have stock left when I make it to London towards the end of the month. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon and kuri: EX03 is my favourite too. I swoon for those complex pinky corally reds.

    Dain: the blended shade is very wearable for most, but the left shade on its own is a daring choice. I expect this kind of shade from mid-range Korean brands...

    Sheila: the texture of the powder was incredible. Like, someone-sold-their-soul-to-the-devil incredible. Unfortunately it was too dark for me (always the case with one-shade-fits-all things) but I think it would be wonderful for NC/W20 and up.

    Mariella: lots of Asian brands make duos :) Usually they consist of a blush + highlighter though, not two brights like these.

    Modesty: good luck! :) It was pretty eerie to be the only customer. I sharpened my elbows and all...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made me want more than I thought I wanted :)
    It all looks very tempting, I keep looking at the Selfridges site to see if they will put it up!
    I'm glad you said about the face powder being too dark in the comments as that was something I was thinking about :)

    ReplyDelete