Pages

Saturday, 3 March 2012

Suqqu Spring Nuancing Cheeks comparison swatches

New eyeshadow palette swatches will come tomorrow, but I thought it best to prioritise the limited edition blush duos (£38) and put them in some kind of context for those of you still deciding whether or not to buy. Click here for my original swatches of the blushes.

Disclaimer: I am a texture fiend and believe that true 'dupes' are vanishingly rare. These swatches are just to give an idea of how these shades compare to others, which may be more accessible.

Pictures in natural light unless otherwise specified.

1. Suqqu EX-01 Botaniro with Shu Uemura Colour Atelier P Medium Pink 365, Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracilis and Lipstick Queen Oxymoron Matte Gloss Free Ride.
Suqqu Nuancing Cheeks EX-01 Botaniro blush comparison

Shu P365 is almost a dead ringer for the left side of Botaniro, albeit less pigmented and slightly peachier.
Suqqu Nuancing Cheeks EX-01 Botaniro Shu Uemura P 365 blush comparison

with flash
Suqqu Nuancing Cheeks EX-01 Botaniro Shu Uemura P 365 blush comparison

The right side of Botaniro is somewhere between Lipstick Queen Free Ride (brighter, pinker) and RBR Gracilis (softer, peachier).
Suqqu Nuancing Cheeks EX-01 Botaniro, Lipstick Queen Free Ride, Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracilis blush comparison swatches

with flash
Suqqu Nuancing Cheeks EX-01 Botaniro, Lipstick Queen Free Ride, Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracilis blush comparison swatches


2. Suqqu EX-02 Kohakusui with Illamasqua Cream Blusher Rude and RMSBeauty lip2cheek Smile.
Suqqu Nuancing Cheeks EX-02 Kohakusui blush comparison

I don't own any shades similar to the individual pans in the duo, but when evenly mixed, Kokakusui produces something similar to Illamasqua Rude (peachier and with more of a pastel tone than Kohakusui's brighter coral) and RMSbeauty Smile (lighter, pinker).
Suqqu Nuancing Cheeks EX-02 Kohakusui, RMS Smile, Illamasqua Rude blush comparison swatches

with flash
Suqqu Nuancing Cheeks EX-02 Kohakusui, RMS Smile, Illamasqua Rude blush comparison swatches


3. Suqqu EX-03 Akanemizu with Rouge Bunny Rouge Orpheline.
Suqqu Nuancing Cheeks EX-03 Akanemizu comparison

Short'n'sweet because again I don't have anything too close to either individual Suqqu shade, but their lovechild is a warmer, more corally sister of one of my favourite blushes ever: RBR Orpheline, and I suspect could be brought even closer with judicious mixing (this shade was 1:1)
Suqqu Nuancing Cheeks EX-03 Akanemizu, Rouge Bunny Rouge Orpheline comparison swatches

with flash
Suqqu Nuancing Cheeks EX-03 Akanemizu, Rouge Bunny Rouge Orpheline comparison swatches

7 comments:

  1. Can my lemmings get anymore deeper, your swatches are killing me! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy that I was able to get my hands (figuratively as they are in London with my cousin) on EX-03 and the Bright Veil Powder. I'm glad that they banned multiple purchases this year so that more people have the opportunity to buy the limited edition products.

    Thank you for your swatch comparisons! I hope I won't find any dupes in my collection...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to be drawn to the same shades over and over. I got the EX-03 and also own the Orpheline (which I adore...am wearing it now, actually).

    Your swatches are slowly killing me. Must. Resist. Purchase. I must not ask friend on a trip to London to buy the other two.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed with your near-empty Rude! How long have you had it? This one seems to have the smoothest, meltiest texture of all the Illa cream blushes I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacqueline: I make no excuses :D

    Sheila: I can't wait to hear your thoughts (and weirdly, see your swatches too -- I don't know why but I really enjoy seeing swatches of things I already 'know')

    Jane: I believe it's called good taste ;) We'll suffer together.

    Dain: rankest of hypocrites :P

    Julia: It was part of my virgin haul (sorry, Illa-speak) so must have been 3-4 years ago. Stayed perfectly creamy to the last drop too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much for prioritising the blushes (although I visit your site when both are up, I prioritise blushes over eyeshadows too, quite rare). Knowing the Suqqu's are quite hard to get for me I can see I can stick with RBR for purchasing something corally so thank you for this excellent review

    ReplyDelete