Pages

Sunday, 22 April 2012

Peach Bunny Pink

This Friday, zuneta will be launching six new iridescent shades of eyeshadow from Rouge Bunny Rouge.

So it seemed a good time to update my previous series of RBR swatches (e.g. here and here) with some recent acquisitions, two peaches (Sleeping Under a Mandarin Tree pigment and Fire-Tailed Sunbird eyeshadow) and a pink (Eaten All The Cherries pigment).

(I suspect Friday will also seem a good time to throw all thoughts of twelve-buy out of the window, especially as I'll be amidst the temptations of Japanese summer collections by then...)
Did you like my segue?

Anyway, peachy pinky product collage
 eyeshadow swatch Suqqu quad 11 Himesango 01 Kakitsubata Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extensions RBR Eaten All the Cherries Sleeping Underneath a Mandarin Tree Fire-Tailed Sunbird Angelic Cockatiels Paul&Joe Eye Gloss Duo Depth

And comparison swatches from left to right:

Suqqu quad 11 Himesango peachy pink shade
Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extensions, a cult pink-gold duochrome
RBR Eaten All the Cherries, a much cooler pink/gold duochrome which looks almost silvery next to Rapunzel
RBR Sleeping Underneath a Mandarin Tree, which shifts from lemon to delicate marigold
RBR Fire-Tailed Sunbird, perfectly described by RBR as "holographic iridescent apricot pink" 
RBR Angelic Cockatiels, honeyed golden peach
Paul&Joe Eye Gloss Duo Depth (LE) peach side
Suqqu quad 01 Kakitsubata peach shade

Natural light
 eyeshadow swatch Suqqu quad 11 Himesango 01 Kakitsubata Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extensions RBR Eaten All the Cherries Sleeping Underneath a Mandarin Tree Fire-Tailed Sunbird Angelic Cockatiels Paul&Joe Eye Gloss Duo Depth

Full sun
 eyeshadow swatch Suqqu quad 11 Himesango 01 Kakitsubata Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extensions RBR Eaten All the Cherries Sleeping Underneath a Mandarin Tree Fire-Tailed Sunbird Angelic Cockatiels Paul&Joe Eye Gloss Duo Depth

It probably goes without saying that I'm besotted with all of these -- I don't think I've tried a single RBR eyeshadow I haven't cared for (lip and cheek colours were trickier).

I used Sleeping Under a Mandarin Tree for my St Paddy's FOTD and will soon post a look with Fire-Tailed Sunbird, which is supremely delicate in the style of Resplendant Quetzal, the perfect soft brights. On a darker skintone, they tend to pastel, as Makeup Picnic's swatches show.

In the meantime, here's a quick 'n' messy on-eye comparison of Eaten All the Cherries (LEFT) with Fyrinnae's Rapunzel (RIGHT), which shows hopefully some of the duochrome flash, and also how much more refined the RBR shimmer is compared to the reflective metallic foil of Fyr.

Pictures in artificial light with flash, no primer/base

8 comments:

  1. I love those colours on you, they look so pretty on pale skin. can't wait for the new RBR colours :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOB! I keep hearing rumours that AD is returning. I hope it does.

    I have a real soft spot for shades like these but rarely wear them. But I think I NEED Rapunzel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! I only have two of those shades. I think I need to rectify that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I'm wearing a shade in this family today - Laura Mercier Guava - but I think it's ... just not pretty enough, now that I've seen your swatches, LOL.

    I think I might *need* Rapunzel Had Extensions, I like that duochrome - lucky for me it's the cheap one!

    I'm just excited Solstice Halcyon is going to be back in stock. If EATC, SUAMT or FTS found its way into my cart as well that wouldn't be a disaster.

    By the way, I bought Delicata ages ago, somewhat based on your recommendation - it's become my go-to! I reach for it more than any other blush I own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew there were so many variations of such a simple peach shades? Ugh, i want RBR FTS. :X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is so very dangerous for me and my peach hoarding self! AC looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is a good idea to sell refills but I think it's quite expensive for just a refill, although there are some colours I'd love to see swatched (the lilac one for exemple)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire: I used to envy bronzed goddessy folk their way with peaches, so I'm glad to have found a few (ahem) that work on me :)

    Nazia: *cries* I would give up many lipsticks for another season.

    PerilouslyPale: Don't make me start up the GWP chant! lol

    Proximity: I was lemming Guava a while back but it's much softer and more of a well-mannered neutral. It helped that I don't get on with LM textures though :) I'm so glad you liked Delicata -- it looks so scary in swatches but works beautifully on the pale.

    Tinh: I am in LOVE with FTS. Makes me v excited for the new iridescents.

    Old Cow: See that dip in my AC?! :D

    Anon: I'm always happy when a brand offers refills :) And will be posting swatches of the lilac when it reaches me :)

    ReplyDelete