Pages

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Chanel Riviere Illusion D'Ombre and bluegreen babble

One of the first things I did after washing up on shore here was to inflict my unwashed, sleep-deprived self (plane diet consisting mostly of mini Nutella packets interpersed with the occasional Mozartkugeln -- seriously, Lufthansa FTW) on an innocent makeup-loving pal for a coffee and live swap.

Thanks to dear C for both putting up with and spoiling me royally, with these:


 Clockwise from top left:
  • OMI Solanoveil SPF50+ PA +++ Protect Face Milk Sunscreen (ingredients), alcohol-free, containing hyaluronic acid and arbutin
  • Kiss Mat Chiffon UV Moist Base SPF26 PA++, a moisturising primer
  • K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner 24H WP Micro, a waterproof liquid liner pen with an ultrafine 0.05mm tip (see glossedintranslation's review)
  • Avancé Lash Serum EX, a moisturising/repairing rather than a growth serum, a popular bestseller in Japan for over a decade
  • Chanel Illusion D'Ombre 87 Rivière (Asia-exclusive, see excellent reviews and swatches at The Non-Blonde and Joey'space)





I'll review this lot as well as the actual swap goodies (yeah, these are her ideas of extras) in good time but first up was of course Rivière, fitting in as it does so perfectly with my current colour phase:
Fyberspates Scrumptious Lace Water // Reiss skirt // Rivière (postmolestation)

natural light
direct sun
natural light
direct sun
Like other shades of Illusion D'Ombre (my favourite cream eyeshadow formula, btdubs) Rivière is complex and catches the light in fascinating ways, looking alternatively minty, seafoamy, and lilacy-grey. I agree with Gaia that its shimmer seems finer and more delicate than that in other shades, but it's definitely still visible both in the pot and applied -- predominantly silver, but pink and lavender too.


The pink was the nicest surprise for me -- too-silver eyeshadows tend to leave me cold -- so I played it up with Rouge Bunny Rouge Eaten All the Cherries in the socket, and added a dab of the gold shimmer from Suqqu Ginbudou on the inner corner to play its gold duochrome up. Matte navy from Suqqu Kakitsubata smudged along both lashlines which picks up a beautiful teal shimmer layered over Rivière.

Liner: K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Micro
Lashes: Lancôme Hypnôse Drama
Brows: Shu H9 Stone Grey


With Revlon Fire&Ice lipstick and RBR Gracilis blush, Burberry concealer 01, Helena Rubinstein ColorClone liquid foundation 00, Shiseido High Beam White

16 comments:

  1. Aaaah we were missing your pretty face this side of the world!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how riviere looks on your skintone! so beautiful <3 finally, a whole look with clothes :D I am in love with that skirt :O right up my alley, gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my you look stunning, I just love you with red lips you so rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I told you also on MUB, you look gorgeous and Riviere sounds like agreat shade, hopefully I will arrive to Mexico since we tend to get many Chanel Asia exclusives. Nice day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous as always! *steals your face* :) Looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt looks so much better on you than the official website image... and the earrings, your lips and eyebrow...WANT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a scrumptious color. I am coming over to steal it from you; don't look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, let me say that you are GORGEOUS!!! Riviere looks stunning on you! I was going to upload my post on it tonight, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow :) your blog looks fantastic and I'm now following you by email. Please feel free to stop by my blog and comment. It would be great to keep in touch :D

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific photos...you have an amazing face. Interested in seeing how you use the chanel shadow with other colors. love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is absolutely stunning!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.FOR.DAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let me join in the crowd of "aaah"s!!! Gorgeous colours, beautiful eye make up and clothes! I'm going through a mint green phase, too, today. May the mint be with us! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much, everyone! As Odyssey said, the mint is strong within this crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect outfit and delicious post! x

    ReplyDelete