Pages

Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Chanel Riviere Look #2

Please excuse the absolutely dreadful lighting and lack of close-up -- all pictures taken in sepia-toned smog.

A tweaked version of the first one, with a more rounded shape (the deepest shade blended upwards at the outer corner rather than extended in a fine line) and in warmer tones (a pinked apricot replacing the gilded pink, an olive bronze replacing the frankened teal).

Eyes: Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Rivière over the mobile lid and inner corner, with Rouge Bunny Rouge Fire-Tailed Sunbird in the socket and under the lower lashline and Abyssinian Catbird along the lashline and blended up at the outer corner.
Liner: KATE Supersharp Liner S BK-1
Mascara: Lancôme Hypnôse Drama W
Brows: Shu Uemura H9 pencil Stone Grey
Lips: YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain 16 Poupre Preview
Base: Shu Uemura Stage Performer Instant Glow, Ellis Faas concealer S201 under eyes, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer SX01 on blemishes. No blush(!)

This new glossy stain formed part of my swap parcel, and you can gauge just how uncomfortable I am in such a fluoro cool colour by counting the numbers of of green (my comfort colour) and yellow (current fav'rite colour) I felt I needed to don
collar: ASOS // blouse: Topshop // nails: Essie Pretty Edgy // ring: personal gift

17 comments:

  1. I love how you combined different fabrics together: lace skirt, flowy sheer top and what appears to be leathery collar. I also like how your lips look next to the yellow collar, it gives them candy like appearance. What can I say about the rest? I can only sit here with my innocent mouth gaped open and whisper prayers to the gods to send Riviere my way:) *off to find Pretty Edgy on ebay* x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that lipcolor on you, in spite of your reservations. It's cheerful and quite flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. laitae: Just checked and collar IS leather As in 'genuINE leather'! From asos. I'm shocked. Pretty Edgy is prettier in better lighting -- a clear jellied apple :)

    Dain: we likes what we likes :P MUB loves brown tones on you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look, and the outfit!
    Btw, thanks to your tutorial I've been pressing my loose fyrinnaes and it is ridiculously fun, I keep pressing more but have already run out of palette space, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that lip color on you! Gorgeous look. :) I actually like looks without blush most days, otherwise I feel to "made up".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fashion sense is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look really pretty with that lip colour. The whole eye look is beautiful and I love your outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the eyes! I'd opt for a warmer lip colour though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you paired your clothes (textures/colours). yellow at your neck (collar) and your yellow shoes makes it perfect. I think this is my favourite mu look on you (the pics are fenomenal <3). pretty edgy indeed :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. lazysaturday: it is addictive :D Now I'm waiting even more impatiently for new Fyrinnae colours.

    EmmyJean: ah, I'm a bit of a clown but even I thought there were enough colours for one day here...

    Odyssey: you're too kind :) I'm trying to document how many outfits I can pull out of a suitcase this trip :)

    Jacqueline and Anon: thank you both. I'm not quite satisfied with the lip in general, more play needed.

    Claire: start blogging clothes too, please, so we can establish our scary twinsie ways.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice!
    i follow you on bloglovin, follow me back? xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kate- This look is simply exquisite. You have such a refined and creative sense of style from head to toe. It continually amazes me that you are able to outdo yourself with such grace, poise and brilliance! You continually astonish me! BRAVO!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, so the bustier might not have been the right undergarment for that top, but everything else is totally perfect.

    If I saw you walking down the street, I would literally accost you to find out where you got your collar - why are these out of stock??
    Instead I'm searching "peter pan collar" on Etsy ... my best finds so far are technically necklaces, but for anyone else who simply *must* have one:

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/97288537/free-shipping-in-us-peter-pan-collar

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/98129230/peter-pan-collar-necklace-inspired-by

    ReplyDelete
  14. your outfit is fabulous; the skirt is probably my favorite piece of the entire look. :) also, I LOL'ed at your shirt: a mistake portion. heheh

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the eyes....but I adore the ring and the nails...just genius!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the whole look, especially your eyes, and lips, but I agree with Beauty Box--the ring and nail polish are exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This look is amazing! I LOVE what you did on your eyes. It's incredible. That Glossy Stain looks fab on you as well. Must add to my every growing glossy stain wishlist!

    ReplyDelete