Pages

Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Chanel Rivière Look #3

Now this is the kind of cool lip I'm much more at home in -- Burberry Lip Cover in Bright Plum is the perfect example of the saturated deep-bright fairytale roses I swoon over in Once Upon A Time. Lip Covers rank among my favourite lipstick formulas of all time, rose-scented, creamy, just the right amount of slip, moisturising and pigmented (you all know my keywords by now); deeper shades like this one leave a pretty stain after a meal.

For those still counting who've ended up way past their twelfth finger -- bah! I have some more wagon-falling planned this weekend -- this replaces Guerlain Rouge G Gigolo in my wardrobe. Well, 'cos! lookit!
lipstick swatch Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Matte RD178M Burberry Lip Cover Bright Plum Guerlain Rouge G Gigolo
Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Matte RD178M (DC)
Burberry Lip Cover Bright Plum
Guerlain Rouge G Gigolo

The tone issoperfect! It makes Gigolo look like a flat pink-red! And good god, the packaging. Whatever your issues with Burberry check (I won't string you up on a lamppost if you can't help finding it tacky) it at least has a nifty magnetic closure, and I think it is a truth universally acknowledged that nothing sucks harder than Rouge G's space dumbbell tampon applicator. Of doom.

vacant...
or constipated-smirky... ah my range, it is so broad

Eyes: Rouge Bunny Rouge Eye Gloss Angel's Play as a base, Estee Lauder DoubleWear Cream Eyeshadow Vintage Violet framing Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Rivière
Mascara: Lancôme Hypnôse Drama WP
Brows: Shu Uemura H9 Stone Grey
Lips: Burberry Lip Cover Bright Plum 
Cheeks: Ladurée Pressed Cheek Colour 11 (review) -- which doesn't really go with this eye in hindsight
Base: Helena Rubinstein Colourclone Liquid 00 (Japanese version), Burberry click pen concealer 01

 now... does decapitation make me look fat?
silk slip maxi: Pure&Good // waistcoat: All Saints // necklace: HK market find :D // shoes: Clarks, nicked from mum
I'm running about a week behind on my posting, so hey, last week my mum visited me in Hong Kong and in return for feeding and watering her, I commandeered about half the clothes she'd packed. She wondered sweetly if I was perhaps a wee bit old to be raiding her wardrobe still, and I wondered just as sweetly if she wasn't perhaps a wee bit old to be buying the same kind of stuff as me. :D Just a little vision of the future there for all you mothers-with-young-daughters out there. Happy belated mother's day!

necklace closeup

10 comments:

  1. call me crazy but I do like the look of the cool toned (rasp)berry blush with this eye mu (it brings out the slightly almost non-existant warmness in your eyeshadows) AND it looks great with that lip. I now confirm: my lemming is no longer a lemming but a must-have-now lipstick. I love gigolo but the packaging and dryness it leaves on my lips - meh. you don't look fat missy! *spanks*. love clarks <3 loving your OutfitOTD posts so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you via MUA, and I'm absolutely loving your blog! Definitely a new favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing ever fails to amuse me. Gorgeous look and now I need some Buberry Lip Cover in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are adorable! and gorgeous! what fats?? but seriously, I love that eye look *lems riviere for that alone*

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a hilarious description of the Rouge G packaging! Bright Plum looks very pretty on you. m

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to find it very difficult to look at a Rouge G without smirking now.

    I will have to brave the Burberry and put Daniella Westbrook in head to toe camel check out of my head.

    I've just had a chilling insight into the years to come with Miss London. On the bright side, hurrah for your mum and her fabulous wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at the "space dumbbell tampon applicator" I won't look at a Rouge G the same ever again....
    I really like this whole look on you, very sophisticated :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mom must have kept her physique really well! I can't fit in most of the clothes my mom has (not that I want too, too many bold prints and floral) with the exception of some dresses and coats from the 90s (luckily, sans shoulder pads) so now I just raid her bag closet if I have the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You named my favourite lipstick of all time, Burberry. I love them! I have not swatched Bright Plum before, it looks so good on you that I just might go down and have a look at it in person. I am a big fan of bright lips. I love your whole look from your makeup to your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This entire look from head to toe is gorgeous - you have the complexion to pull off cool toned bright shades effortlessly :-)
    Lol I'm the same as you, my mum and I raid each other's closet all the time!
    btw you look VERY slim in your outfit pic :-)

    ReplyDelete