Pages

Friday, 8 June 2012

Chanel Rivière Look #4

As my Ebloui diary showed, I have a pretty limited deck of eyeshadow shapes up my sleeve. When it comes to taking a new shade through its paces, a wash+wing will eventually make its appearance, and the usual playing off of warm against cool shades...

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Rivière blended across the mobile lid using a MAC #286, with a tiny dab of Rouge Bunny Rouge Batiste Grayling cream eyeshadow (my zu GWP) to darken the outer corner with the same brush. Shu Uemura Painting Liner Purple with a Hakuhodo #162 for the wing.

To offset the cool eye, Illamasqua Lover blush applied with a Hakuhodo Large Pointed Yachiyo (heavy-handednes is entirely my and not the brush's fault) and Hourglass Femme Rouge Muse with my beloved Hakuhodo Misako Portable lipbrush [the closest version sold on the US site is the Kokutan RS].
Foundation mismatch courtesy of Lunasol Water Cream N OC-01


Necklace was salvaged from a Topshop sale bin for a fiver (woe be on the head of the foolish consumer who returned it! mwahaha), dress (only marginally more than a fiver) from a dodgy Korean import stall in HK. I'm not showing you the rest of it because it's kinda hilariously poor quality and ill-fitting (and started to fill my room with a disquietingly pungent odour in the middle of the night... it now hangs up in my brightly lit hallway and an exorcist has been called.)

Woe be on me too, for bringing an Hourglass lipstick to a tropical climate:

Consider yourselves warned!

20 comments:

  1. The second picture could be totally used as a vogue cover, you have amazing features :O The lipstick reminds me a bit of addiction confiture but not as bright. I hear ya, I have 2 eye makeup shapes that work for me, sometimes I feel like I am doing the same all the time but with different colours, the only thing that changes its shape is my liner (wing ftw). This post is calling: I need to play with hourglas muse, nao! *iz still ded, because you so pretty* love your earrings btw *noms* <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another stunning look, Kate! I have never truly expressed the extent to which I love your blog, you are a constant source of inspiration!

    As such I only found it fitting to nominate you for a Liebster Blog Award after having been nominated myself.

    http://lolassecretbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/lolas-secret-beauty-blog-is-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3333 (excepted for broken lipstick, boooo)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is actually one of my favorite FOTDs ever on you. I love the cool eye paired with warm/bright lips and cheeks. To be honest, the foundation looks great to me, not mismatched at all from what I can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look is beyond gorgeous. You look so completely lovely!
    Foundation looks like a match on my screen- maybe not in real-life? And I really like the pics with your new camera. Sorry about the broken Muse (!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone, you always come up with stunning looks. This is gorgeous. Your poor poor lipstick! I'd be heartbroken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you combined the colours and the red lip is just stunning...too bad about it breaking...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This look is breathtaking on you! I really admire your creativity with mixing different colors of eye shadows yet still look so clean, elegant and classy on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always so jealous of how well you pull off pastel colors. Riviere is especially lovely but I'm afraid will just make me look like a mermaid wannabe as opposed to the fresh look you created.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire, I may have to ban you from commenting -- my head is ridiculously swollen, I have a new lemming (Confiture) and I want to fly over there and spank you for self-deprecating lies!

    Lola: you are so unfailingly kind and supportive! I'll be writing up my Liebster entry today *hugs*

    Kristina and Julia: you're right, it looks fine now. XD I swear sometimes my photos change after being uploaded to blogger.

    Thanks so much for your kindness, everyone! Overwhelming

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look STUNNING. I bet there were lots of turning heads everywhere you went? Love the way that you did your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are TOO KIND. I am a giantess here so most people's eyes hit at my un-cleavage ;)

      Delete
  12. WOW! You look so stunning, Kate! Straight out of a magazine. I swear, if I ever create a makeup line, you are going to be the face of it. THE END. LALALALA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only if I'm allowed to take pictures of myself ;) Still not mastered art of not looking scary / deformed in ACTUAL photos

      Delete
  13. Noooo poor lippie! Muse looks so perfect on you dearest :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :* it's lookin' pretty in a Muji pill pot now *sob*

      Delete
  14. Okay, I'm late commenting, but how "tropical" are we talking? I've been eyeing those Hourglass lipsticks, but it's routinely over 90F (32C) with high-ish humidity here. I don't know that I can handle the carnage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABORT MISSION! It's about 32C on average here with humidity never really below 80. It's not like it melted after sitting in the car / on a sunny windowsill / in a steamy bathroom :/ It was in my cool shady makeup storage closet.

      Delete
    2. Eek! Will resist siren call! You might be in a slightly more humid place, but not by a lot.

      Delete