Pages

Sunday, 10 June 2012

Liebster

So it's officially the weekend of memes
The lovely Lola (she of truly killer artistic sensibility) of Lola's Secret Beauty Blog nominated me for a Liebster award! Possibly her one aesthetic hiccup of a lifetime, but we'll allow it ;) It's my first blog award (just as yesterday was my first tag-along-a-meme -- what's next? burping? potty training?) and I'm especially honoured as a huge fan of her blog, which is consistently interesting and inspiring, and most importantly, expresses her idiosyncratic aesthetic in her own distinctive voice. And what else are we here for, eh? :D

The Liebster (which means 'Dearest' in German) is an award which is given to up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep blogging. Because frankly, blogging is not an easy thing to do and it's nice to be appreciated and supported by your fellow bloggers!
The rules:
Link the person who gave you the award in your post.Put the award in your post.
Choose 5 blogs with under 200 followers to receive the award.
Let them know you awarded them.


My Liebster Nominations
all fit my personal criteria of being idiosyncratic, even eccentric, as well as beautiful.
In alphabetical order:

Claire is probably the closest I'll ever come to having a taste-twin in this world; as it is she is my far more refined, elegant and classy sister-that-wasn't. I envy her bones, her eye and her taste.

Getting to 'meet' Odyssey and to follow her fresh, clear-eyed approach to beauty has been a highlight of my decision to start blogging. Her thoughtful comparisons and evocative nail-art always inspire.

Marti/Pieces is my long-lost-lost-lost-hey-it's-really-confusing-okay--in-EAsian-pop-culture-soul-sister. Her posts always make me weak with laughter, thus foiling my nefarious plots to steal all her jokes and screencaps. And screencaps. (Note to self: next attempt at plot to involve more naked Abe Hiroshi.)

The beauty musings of Naz, one of the sweetest, quirkiest and prettiest women I know (and I have quite the dungeon-full...) She is the blogging proof that you don't have to be a minimalist to have 'taste' and when she recommends a new product I've never heard of, or sounds the alarm on a bargainous dupe, I take it very seriously because she's tried errythang out there.

Just look at the header -- this is a rare gem of a beauty blog. Maria has an unfailing eye for all things beautiful and this extends to her excellent photos and lucid prose as well as her thoughtful acquisitions and comparison posts.


Finally, a further selection of five Lieblings (because what's a heart if not capacious?) -- brand-new blogs or blogs-on-the-backburner (currently on hiatus) you should still check out:

Finally, my latest purchase (it being sale season here in Hong Kong): Tsumori Chisato Coffee Scallop Sunnies (find them here, sadly not on sale yet)

Stay cool, hep cats!

18 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for the kind words and nomination, Kate. I iz uber-touched. =***

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^Sorry, back to leave another comment because it was apparently set to anonymous for some reason? Sorry to spam thank you SO much for the nomination and the kind words. They mean so much coming from a lovely like yourself w/ a blog like this one.

    Also, those purchases are adorable! That bag would make an amazing travel bag. =*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs* thanks for, oh, BEING AWESOME.

      (And blogger help! Ah, I needs you young'uns)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, babes! It means a ton to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly peed myself when I saw you'd switched to blogging! :D Much as I love moving talking Renee I just like blogs better

      Delete
  4. I can't even. Thank you so much for the love, it means so much. <3

    In other news, brb - I'm stalking those Tsumori Chisato babies on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very necessary mad-cat-lady acoutrements!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the mention, Kate! *hugz*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :* Loving all your recent FOTDs, Lou

      Delete
  6. oh wow, thank you for mentioning me and your kind words, they mean a lot to me <3 tsumori chisato is so you, can't wait to see an fashion post soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was articulate enough to really express how much I adore you, Claire!
      I took those sunnies to the optician's to get them adjusted and he was laughing at me so hard his hands were shaking >:C

      Delete
  7. Oh, oh, oh! Thanks for the mention :) You're too kind, Kate! Will we see you wearing those glasses soon?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :* I'm so, so glad you're blogging! Makes me wish I was brattier so we could've read it earlier....

      If I blog glasses, will you blog cakes? :D

      Delete
  8. Congratulations Kate!!! Definitely well deserved :) I'm sure this is just the beginning of many more to come :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw this award for the first time on your blog, actually :D It made me very excited to get one myself

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your nomination and thank you so much for the kind words! I'm really touched! This is such a beautiful idea, I really want to have a look around all the other blogs now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all true :) I hope you will join in too -- you always introduce me to new and wonderful things

      Delete
  10. Oh, and those sunglasses are amazing!

    ReplyDelete