Pages

Thursday, 26 July 2012

A-England Nail Polish

More swatch 'n' squee, because the natural light is glorious at the moment, and how often does a Londoner get to say that?

A while back I tried A-England polishes and was blown away by their buttery, one-coat-perfect formula and elegant holographics -- yeah, you heard right: Elegant. Holos. (So elegant, they're eunuchs.... not an issue for me as they shake up just fine in their nice hefty bottles.)

They had a 'free worldwide shipping and any Mythicals polish for £5' offer last week, and of course I pounced on a few more shades. They landed, each bottle individually bubblewrapped, and slipped together in a reasonably-sized [see, it's really not that hard, asos et al] jiffy bag on my door four working days later. Which, considering my recent woeful month-long terrible CS saga with Butter London, a much bigger company, earns them extra brownie points.

The current state of the stash:
Morgan Le Fay, Guinevere, Lady of the Lake, Tristam, St George 
A-England nail polish Morgan Le Fay, Guinevere, Lady of the Lake, Tristam, St George

No doubt due to expand in future, because the formula on the cream (Guinevere) is as faultless as on the holos, and the sparkly topcoat Morgan Le Fay is exquisitely complex in real life and is inspiring me to...like, do gradients and actual stuff with my nails. The wily minx. Anyway, drying time and wear time are both excellent, and none of these really need a topcoat to shine.


Swatches!
All are one coat, except Morgan Le Fay (two)
A-England nail polish swatch Morgan Le Fay, Guinevere, Lady of the Lake, Tristam, St George
The holo is most manifest in Lady of the Lake, and subtlest in St. George, which makes a deal of sense if you think about it, as dragon-slaying aside, he always seemed a fairly lumpen unmagical figure to me. Guinevere is likewise appropriately demure, while Tristam sits on a pitch-perfect good-boy blue base. Morgan Le Fay is a delicate but complex mix of rainbow flecks that flash predominantly blue, green and opal-pink; I love its flickering changeability in contrast to the more solidly 'worked' silver of A-E's other topcoat, Merlin.

In greater detail [i.e. picspam]
A-England nail polish swatches Morgan Le Fay, Guinevere, Lady of the Lake, Tristam, St George
A-England nail polish swatches Morgan Le Fay, Guinevere, Lady of the Lake, Tristam, St George
A-England nail polish swatches Morgan Le Fay, Guinevere, Lady of the Lake, Tristam, St George


Comparisons
OPI Done Out In Deco // Guinevere // Rescue Beauty Lounge Insouciant
nail polish swatches OPI Done out in Deco, A-England Guinevere, Rescue Beauty Lounge Insouciant
nail polish swatches OPI Done out in Deco, A-England Guinevere, Rescue Beauty Lounge Insouciant
nail polish swatches OPI Done out in Deco, A-England Guinevere, Rescue Beauty Lounge Insouciant


Rescue Beauty Lounge Catherine H. // Tristam // Lady of the Lake
nail polish swatches Rescue Beauty Lounge Catherine H, A-England Tristam, Lady of the Lake

nail polish swatches Rescue Beauty Lounge Catherine H, A-England Tristam, Lady of the Lake
nail polish swatches Rescue Beauty Lounge Catherine H, A-England Tristam, Lady of the Lake

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I am kicking myself for not taking advantage of the promo! I had started filling my cart and then got sidetracked. I forgot all about it until I saw this. *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came so close to getting some of these the other day... I totally should have! :) Love the holos you got! Beautiful! Even the white-ish one catches my attention. Miss you BB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. GOSH!!! Those holographic ones are some of the most amazing ones I've EVER seen! I usually just crave bright cream finishes on my nails, but I WANT these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are wonderful! i am still waiting for my parcel to arrive!

    i own quite a couple of nail polishes from A-England, and I absolutely adore St George! Can't wait to put on Tristam and Lady Of The Lake! for the price, I think these are a better investment than OPI. Butter London will have to wait :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! you're under their spell, too! I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally halve my polish collection...and you post these. WENCH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics! St George is one of the few a-englands I kept :) I heard some people with newer bottles had balls :O!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry that I didn't take advantage of this sale. Your pictures are so beautiful. I need Tristam and Lady of the Lake desperately!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hot dang woman! Mine finally arrived and now I wish I ordered Lady of the Lake AND St. George >.<
    Tristam however, is really the beez neez!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tristam and Lady of the Lake have awesome looking multi-colour glitter...I love Butter London for that type of formula...so good to know there's another brand who does that kinda thing too...

    ReplyDelete