Pages

Thursday, 5 July 2012

Chanel Rivière Look #5 / Last Look

A matchymatchy summery makeup 'n' outfit Extravaganza it's-summer-and-I'm-short-on-colour-combo-ideas-OKAY Of The Day.

The last, because I decided five goes was enough to establish that Rivière doesn't quite gel (har har) for me -- the shade is too soft and the texture too, a gentle ultra-fine shimmer, not the flattering sparkle that made me fall for the Illusion D'Ombre formula in the first place. It's gone to a dear friend who has promised to take it for walkies daily.

[Apologies for yellow smoggy lighting. Who knew I'd be pining to get back to my London 'light'?]

Rouge Bunny Rouge Fire-Tailed Sunbird all over lid with a Suqqu S brush with YSL Singulier WP mascara in 4 Vibrant Blue smudged upwards from the lashline on the same brush [a tip I read on makeupalley -- would not exactly recommend, though also not blind....] More mascara, on lashes this time. Chanel Rivière to liner lower lashline on a Chikuhodo Artist 6-1 brush, GOSH Velvet Touch eye pencil Purple Stain run lightly on waterline.
Shu Uemura H9 pencil Stone Grey on brows.


With harmonious corals on lips and cheeks: Jill Stuart Mix Blush 9 Little Bouquet and Ellis Faas Glazed Lips L307:
usual beauty base zero

Matchy matchy
buttons-up-the-back top: Lowry Farm // skirt: Reiss // shoes: Clarks // necklace: etsy

The blue shoes and purple liner are examples of the "hmm, what if we add this?" style of error exuberance! I am particularly prone to when minimalism is not on my mind.

14 comments:

  1. too bad you purged riviere, I think it looks great on you (I really like this colour in every of your EOTDs). little bouquet is one of my four JS blushers! I love clarks as well, so comf! I want moar of your -what-if-we-add-this-style- <3 huge yay on dots! I am in love with your skirt ... the colour, the material .. just perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I wish we could play dress-up irl, claire! Even though our wardrobes would probably have a worrying number of duplicates.

      Delete
  2. I really like this look on you and think it would look good on other skin tones as well. I love your blog, you have great style and the different looks that you do inspire me to try new things also! Keep up the good work! Katheryn R., McRae, GA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by and leaving such a kind comment, Katheryn! :)

      Delete
  3. You look beautiful! The Jill Stuart blushes are so great, aren't they? They give the perfect flush to skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do find it hard to justify using anything else these days <3 When they get it right, they knock it out of the park.

      Delete
  4. Hey gorgeous! I love your sense of style and I love the colours of your outfit. So summery. Can I say sassy meets lady like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah! I love that, thank you for your kindness as always :)

      Delete
  5. Your skin is so flawless and glowing, I' m jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh, this is how sweaty translates to my camera ;)

      Delete
  6. Love the fresh eyes...and your gorgeously fresh skirt and top! I think it was Chanel too who also said to remove something from your outfit when you think you are ready...Or, the woman should wear the clothes and not otherwise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Coco, that canny old marketeer ;)
      I tend to take the opposite of the minimalist approach. I get dressed then add something. Usually a ridiculous hat.

      Delete
  7. *sobs* But I loved Riviere on you! I think I will try to replicate looks you did with it.

    I'm glad you started showing us your outfits, let me know if you get bored of something (hm hm, especially that blue skirt you feature so often!), I might try and shRed (see what I did there?) some more pounds to wear those things:P

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are ruthless so I know you don't miss Riviere but I almost feel bad taking it seeing all your gorgeous FOTDs with it. =P

    Gorgeous as always. <3

    ReplyDelete