Pages

Thursday, 25 October 2012

Closer Look: Becca Lychee and Dragonfruit Beach Tint

So I succumbed to two of the three new Beach Tint shades... Lychee will replace Nars Gaiety and Dragonfruit the Sleek Pumpkin Blush by 3 trio in my wardrobe.
natural light, full sun *sob* 
Shown in context of some other Beach Tints here, this is how they sit against the other shades I own:
natural light


Don't they round things out nicely? :D Evidently I am a big fan of the Beach Tint formula (have been for years) -- while matte and genuinely waterproof/tenacious, they sit comfortably on my dry lips and cheeks, and the revolting synthetic fruity scents remain psychological irritants, never physical ones.

That said, Dragonfruit is a noticeable improvement on the formula of the other Beach Tints -- less watery, more pigmented and even more smoothly blendable [in practice -- for some reasons these are tricky to swatch in stripes]. I hope you can kind of tell by how well its blob holds together / clings to my arm, compared with the others above. It's also very much my kind of colour. Seriously:
Rouge Bunny Rouge Florita
Becca Watermelon
Becca Dragonfruit
Addiction Revenge Cheek Stick
Besamé Crimson Cream Rouge
Shu Uemura P Red 14 (2nd gen, discontinued)


On the other hand, Lychee is more of a departure -- I've swatched it against the two closest pinks in my stash, and it's so conspicuously different from both that I whacked on my other two Beach Tints (a light one and a cool one) to set off its lightness and coolness further.
Illamasqua Katie
Addiction Amazing Cheek Stick
Becca Lychee
Guava
Raspberry


Now, in practice on both lips and cheeks! Because I think I've just about spammed you with enough swatches while disclaiming that these don't swatch very well....

Dragonfruit


Lychee

Eyes: lazy haze of Becca eyeshadows in Chiffon, Bouclé and Lamé. L'Oreal Telescopic False Lash Waterproof mascara.
Basics: Burberry Sheer Touch Concealer 01 under eyes, Browlash EX Natural Brown pencil through brows, Rouge Bunny Rouge Sea of Clouds to bedew.

Apologise for slightly fat lip....sometimes I wake up with those :/ The Mystery of the Sleepwalking Snacker.

For extrapolation, this is what some other Beach Tints look like on me: GuavaWatermelon (scroll down to looks 3/4) and Raspberry.

36 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful. Sigh. I want these in addition to the Shu Prestigious palette. Your choices of cosmetics are spot on so I slavishly copy. How pathetic...but pretty smart in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D believe me I have a lot of help from other 'taste-twins' on makeapalley :)

      Delete
  2. Dragon looks stunning on you! Guava is also lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to cut my collection down, but I love all of the ones I own :)

      Delete
  3. Agree, love Dragonfruit on you! I may have to give the beach tints another go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually like similar formulas but I admit this is a slightly weird one for me to love as much as I do... Dragonfruit is definitely a better formula IMO (I've tried a few different testers now and they are consistently smooth)

      Delete
  4. I WISH YOU WOULD STOP MAKING ME WANT THINGS. How do you apply these badboys to your cheeks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D: I squeeze a blob onto either cheek. Go do my eye makeup to let it 'set' a little (makes it creamier and easier to work with for me). Then blend out with an Illamasqua Highlighter brush. If needed maybe add a little more, or blend a little more at the edges with a clean synthetic brush :)

      Delete
  5. Lychee is a must have imo, such a nice colour! Raspberry is one of my fav BT actually. I love the last pic so much, it reminds me of a mysterious and dreamy drivel, no fat lips *spanks* but sultry and beautiful >.< / Claire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this looks beautiful on you! Stunning ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are lovely on you, I especially love Dragonfruit - which is coming in the mail to me, YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh both colours looks so nice. I am inclined to Dragonfruit more though. You look gorgeous with both. They show up so well for your skin tone. I am totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Lychee would actually really POP (sorry if you hate that word, lol) on a more tanned skintone too! It's very pigmented, definitely not a wishy-washy kind of pastel

      Delete
  9. I don't comment much anywhere, but I wanted to say - specifically on this post - that I read everything you write, and I really enjoy your unique and refreshing spin, even on the products I cannot obtain. And I love that you feature Becca, one of my favorite brands. I'd been considering the Beach Tints for a while, and I love how they look on you. Thanks for showing how they actually look on your face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to write, Adele! These really are the star of the Becca line for me :)

      Delete
  10. ILY but... *CUTS YOUR FACE OFF AND WEARS I LIKE LEATHERFACE FROM TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haaate to be the person who pesters a blogger for knowledge, but it seems likely that you've tried Becca foundations/concealers... Are there any colours that work for you? I've googled it but success was not forthcoming.

    I was trying to find a shade for myself but my local store doesn't carry the whole range (and the makeup artist attacked me with a foundation brush and made me look like I'd put on foundation in the dark... Wrong shade, poorly blended, didn't set it properly... And they wonder why Australians mostly purchase cosmetics online)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon!
      I only have a match in Compact Concealer (Meringue) and Powder (Eggshell): the palest yellow-toned shades. All the other Becca bases run too dark, starting from around NW15 I'd say.

      Delete
  12. Ooh, these are really beautiful on you -- I know it's such a cheesy compliment (AND it always sounds backhanded, but I swear I don't mean it that way), but they make you look so healthy! Like, bursting with health (hoarding it, maybe)...

    I'd be really curious to see what Raspberry would look like on you! I originally started following your blog as I have a similar skin tone and I really love cranberry/raspberry shades as a contrast. I almost feel like that'd be the first one I'd buy, of all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, and you are aptly named :D What a delicious dashed-off comment.

      Raspberry tomorrow! I was so surprised to find I hadn't photographed it because it's SO flattering on my skin -- going to finish my tube this winter I suspect.

      Delete
  13. WOW. That mascara! And also, those colors are super gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lychee and dragonfruit looks very lovely!! Pairing cheek and lips is such a nice make up :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Annnnnd now I need both of these. I've really fallen in love with how tiny these tubes are and how blendable the product is in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very addictive :) So unique they overshadow the (very nice) Becca cream blushes for me.

      Delete
  16. Loving the look of both on you but my curiosity would go for Lychee as I have little cooler pinks. And in case of waking up with the "fat lip syndrom" I kinda use darker lipstick because I finally have some lips instead of not-so-much, but perhaps like Angelina Jolie the women with really beautiful pouty lips always try to tone them down a bit (although she's been sporting some eyecatching reds lately instead of her usual fleshy neutrals)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should try going darker next time! Although I would not be complaining if I woke up with Jolie lips instead of just vaguely swollen ones?!

      Delete
  17. What! I wish I woke up with "fat" lips. My lips aren't hurtin for some extra flesh - but a little more plump wouldn't hurt. Is that your natural lip color? I was checking to see what lip product you used. Even though I am definitely a light tan olive now - I love your lip color and would definitely check it out if it were the result of product.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh - sorry - speedreading totally glossed over the fact you used dragonfruit on cheeks and lips. I was NOT interested in dragonfruit as a blush...but you sold me as a lipcolor....totally digging that shade of pink as a lip....might actually work on me...YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah! Sorry, I sometimes bury the pertinent bits in a lot of other drivel XD
      I do prefer Dragonfruit as lipcolour (good thing too, considering how many closeish blush shades I own....)

      Delete
  19. Beautiful! Those are exactly the two colors that caught my eye, having bought all the other "cool" Beach Tints (not that there are many, with Watermelon tipping over to the warm side). Both look great on you.

    It's decided. I am getting both. Dragonfruit is really fantastic. It's like Becca took Guerlain RA Chamade and made it into a stain.

    ReplyDelete