Pages

Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Fyrinnae Swatches Part 1

I've arranged these roughly by colour groups, but disorganisation and short arms means there will probably be strays added on at a later date. Many of these are currently unavailable / have been reformulated, so I've not noted this -- Fyrinnae's stock changes so quickly any info I post will have a short lifespan anyway. If you'd like to know what vintage/edition a particular shade is, please leave me a comment and I'll try my best to answer.

Unless otherwise noted, all swatches made by patting with a fingertip onto bare, moisturised skin and are of the loose shadows which I had pressed myself with glycerin and isopropyl alcohol (having tested about 20 shades against the leftover loose pigment, I cannot detect any change in the opacity or finish).

Starred names are Arcane Magic shades.



GREEN
If I had to pick a favourite eyeshadow colour, it would probably be green. (Or purple. Or taupe. Yeah, I can't really pick... am but a flighty flibbertigibbet compared to Queen of Green Naz.) But Fyrinnae makes some of my favourite greens ever, so they're up first :) ...with a few sneaky turquoises/teals.
Fyrinnae green eyeshadow swatches Are You My Mummy?* Dragon's Wing Eternal Innocence Anemone Electric Stardust* Otherworld Madame and Eve's* Callipygian Dark Fantasy* Njordr Boytoy Vodka Hypercool


Closer looks at this batch:
Fyrinnae eyeshadow swatches 1. Are You My Mummy? 2. Dragon's Wing 3. Eternal Innocence 4. Anemone 5. Electric Stardust 6. Otherworld
1. Are You My Mummy?*
2. Dragon's Wing
3. Eternal Innocence
4. Anemone
5. Electric Stardust*
6. Otherworld


Fyrinnae Eyeshadow swatches 1. Madame and Eve's* 2. Callipygian 3. Dark Fantasy* 4. Njordr 5. Boytoy 6. Vodka 7. Hypercool


1. Madame and Eve's*
2. Callipygian
3. Dark Fantasy*
4. Njordr
5. Boytoy
6. Vodka
7. Hypercool

Many of Fyrinnae's blackened shades do require a sticky base (I use the brand's Pixie Epoxy, but many prefer Too Faced Glitter Glue) to truly shine, so I've reswatched some over PE. Messily, which is why I prefer to skip PE....
Fyrinnae eyeshadow swatches Madame and Eve's*, Callipygian, Dark Fantasy* over pixie epoxy
Madame and Eve's*, Callipygian, Dark Fantasy*
Fyrinnae eyeshadow swatches  Njordr Boytoy Hypercool over Pixie Epoxy
Njordr, Boytoy, Hypercool




more BLUE-GREEN
Fyrinnae eyeshadow swatches 1. Raven's Prophecy* 2. Dokkalfar 3. Jaguar 4. Sorceress* 5. Pteranodon 6. Sleepy Hollow 7. Bride of Frankenstein*
1. Raven's Prophecy*
2. Dokkalfar
3. Jaguar
4. Sorceress*
5. Pteranodon
6. Sleepy Hollow
7. Bride of Frankenstein*

Over Pixie Epoxy:
Fyrinnae eyeshadow swatches over Pixie Epoxy 1. Raven's Prophecy* 2. Dokkalfar 3. Jaguar 4. Sorceress*
1. Raven's Prophecy*
2. Dokkalfar
3. Jaguar
4. Sorceress*



PURPLE
aka, my other favouritest Fyrinnae colours
Fyrinnae purple eyeshadow swatches Shinigami Cuddlefish Parental Advisory Meerkat Herbivore Sequinned Master* When I Grow Up Alchemist's Curse* Velvet Vampire* Freya Shinigami Cuddlefish


closer look:
Fyrinnae purple eyeshadow swatches Shinigami Cuddlefish Parental Advisory Meerkat Herbivore Sequinned Master* When I Grow Up
Shinigami
Cuddlefish
Parental Advisory
Meerkat
Herbivore
Sequinned Master*
When I Grow Up

Fyrinnae purple eyeshadow swatches Alchemist's Curse* Velvet Vampire* Freya Shinigami Cuddlefish
Alchemist's Curse*
Velvet Vampire*
Freya
Shinigami
Cuddlefish 

Alchemist's Curse* over Pixie Epoxy
Fyrinnae alchemist's curse swatched over pixie epoxy



PINK/RED
Fyrinnae eyeshadow swatches 1. Chaotic Evil 2. Superstar 3. Kurisumasu!  4. Wake Not The Dead* 5. Cupcake Frosting 6. Crimson Ghost, Purgatory, Velvet Vampire, Dark Magick, Candy Coated, Samhain Spirits

closer looks
Fyrinnae eyeshadow swatches 1. Chaotic Evil 2. Superstar 3. Kurisumasu!  4. Wake Not The Dead* 5. Cupcake Frosting 6. Crimson Ghost
1. Chaotic Evil
2. Superstar
3. Kurisumasu! 
4. Wake Not The Dead*
5. Cupcake Frosting
6. Crimson Ghost

Fyrinnae red eyeshadow swatches Purgatory, Velvet Vampire, Dark Magick, Candy Coated, Samhain Spirits
1. Purgatory
2. Velvet Vampire* (repeat from the purples because it shifts between plum/copper red)
3. Dark Magick
4. Candy Coated
5. Samhain Spirits

14 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the next part, this will help me to narrow down my next order:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Narrow down? This is going to double my next order. I BLAME YOU KATE.

      Delete
    2. Phew! I thought I was losing my touch >:D

      Delete
  2. Awesome swatches, Kate! I'm still experimenting with my last Fyrinnae shadow order, results soon to be published :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to tell myself I don't need anymore shadows but damn these are gorgeous. You are an evil evil lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy mowly swatches!! Agreed w/ Jacqueline, an evil lady you are, indeed. Now I'm intrigued w/ Fyrinnae. Yes, looking forward to the next installment here, as well.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love greens too. Tempted to order but I have a whole shelf of unopened makeup...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love seeing swatches and I'm smitten by the dark greens

    ReplyDelete
  7. *gasp* Now I'm all starry-eyed for Wake Not The Dead, and of COURSE they don't have it anymore! *wail*

    The other two that are jumping up and down and begging for my attention (Raven's Prophecy and Velvet Vampire) still exist.
    I'm excited to see a few of my recent choices looking gorgeous in your swatches (Shinigami, Purgatory, Meerkat, Alchemist's Curse, Madame & Eve's), but this is making me realize that I really do gravitate toward my favorite color groups (hello taupe, browns, purples and my newer flame, burgundy!). Green and blue are apparently beautiful colors that look great on Other People, so Madame & Eve's is a nice step outside my comfort zone - the bruised and sleepless look is apparently familiar and well-loved territory.

    PS - Either typing "meekrat" instead of "meerkat" really *is* hilarious, or it's time for me to sleep ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking that - OF COURSE WNTD isn't sold anymore. OF COURSE.

      Hahahaha, I can't believe I never noticed meekrat before :P

      Delete
  8. Beautiful swatches, and such gorgeous and clever names!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay I am ABSOLUTELY in love with Callipygian, pretty much every single one of the purples, and Wake Not the Dead (SUCH a pretty and unique shade! I have nothing like it in my collection!). I NEED to get my hands on some of these!

    Oh, and btw you just listed all my favorite shades too--purples, greens, and taupes. YESSSSS!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blackened shades in Fyrinnae but I am lazy to use them because you need the sticky base. I choose shades by the name*LOL*,not only ,the colours have something to say also...I am not keen on greens, but I love the blues and reddish ones, quite unique. You are a bad influence, I just ordered more!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my lord. if it weren't for my absolute aversion to loose pigments I'll be all over this in a hot second (I understand I can press them ala your header but I am a lazy, lazy creature)

    ReplyDelete