1. I set out to use all six shades in the palette, and kept the overal shape soft-but-defined, in an attempt to translate my current hankerings after 'graphic' makeup into more 'subtle/wearable' for day/work.
Bronze silk smooth shade (top right) all over lid and lower lashline as base.
Pink (middle left) in the inner third of lid and lower lashline.
Rose-brown to (middle right) to deepen/define outer corner.
Purple silk smooth (top left) to upper lashline and outer corner of lower.
Gold glitter (bottom left) dabbed at centre of mobile lid.
[GOSH white kohl on waterline, L'Oreal TFLWP mascara]
With the red blush (bottom right pan) and Suqqu Creamy Glow 6 Umegasumi (swatch/review).
2. A less forced look, built around my favourite pan in the palette, the awesome purple Silk Smooth shadow (top left). Because until my belated contacts order comes in, I'm constrained enough by my glasses. Anyway, it was about time I did a look with specs, to show some of the ways in which I tweak my makeup:
- stronger defined eye shape, achieved with shadows (as here) or graphic liner
- defined, slightly thickened brows
- curled lashes and either no mascara or a single swipe of subtle defining (absolutely not lengthening) mascara, to prevent my lashes from being smushed up against my lenses whenever I blink (this is Armani ETK waterproof)
- lined waterline -- either white (as here) or a dark/black shade
- a bright blush (no neutrals with glasses) and lower placement on the apples
- skip highlighter on edge of cheekbones / temples, keeping it strictly to the centre of the face
- I can also skip undereye concealer but usually don't out of habit
Yeah, blah blah shutup Kate -- as you can see it's just minor tweaks for my own satisfaction as usual, and I could/would definitely wear this without glasses too...
|Purple all over lid and lower lashline, rose-brown to blend edges, gold glitter patted over inner corner and blended up.|
But hopefully they will make more sense in the context of my frames and where they sit on (and seriously distort, because I am bliiiiind) my face.
In both looks I'm wearing a mix of Laura Mercier Silk Creme Soft Ivory mixed with Suki CC Cream 02 Whitening and RBR Sea of Clouds highlighter as base. Burberry Sheer Touch 01 under eyes, Browlash EX Natural Brown brow pencil.