Pages

Thursday, 21 February 2013

Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen Swatches

I'm just going to say it: Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pens (actually pencils) are the closest 'dupes' I've found to my beloved and eye-wateringly expensive THREE Flash Performance liners (drivel).

At £11 each, they still aren't cheap, but I am willing to pay a bit of a premium for such a divine texture -- describing them as gel-liquids in pencil form feels slightly inadequate, because they rival the THREE liners in sheer unctuous glide *lapses into uncontrollable drooling*

They also equal THREE in pigmentation and lasting power both on lids and waterline; for me they only lose out in relative lack of complexity and unique shades.

Like the THREE liners, they are extremely soft, so extra care when un/re-capping and sharpening is needed to avoid smushing and waste.

Swatches on bare skin, pictures taken in natural sunlight.
I focussed on each row of swatches in turn, which are labelled.
Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen eyeliner Swatches Black Noir, Black Blue, Black Tulip
Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen eyeliner Swatches Black Cocoa, Deep Plum, True Teal, Cafe Gold
Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen eyeliner Swatches Sage Gold, Oyster Glow, Copper Glow, Straight On Til Morning

Some of the shades are smooth, with an intensely glossy sheen: Black Noir, Black Blue, Black Cocoa, Oyster Glow.

Another step up the shimmer scale, with fine microshimmer scattered throughout the glossy base: Black Plum (browned purple base with coppery and plum shimmer), Black Tulip (blackened purple base with royal purple, gold and red sparkle), True Teal (tonal sparkle) and Copper Glow (rich burgundy base with copper and gold shimmer).

Sage Gold and Café Gold are filled with a higher concentration of larger gold glitter pieces.

(SOTM stands for Straight On Till Morning (sic :P), a separate range of (drier) glitter liners which had wandered onto the Endless Silky display -- this shade is 2nd Star Twinkle, with a more yellowed than Sage Gold, and with cooler green and gold glitter.


Here's a closer look at the finishes of the two shades I own, drawn on in one motion and unlayered -- check out the consistent intensity and smoothness.
Black Tulip
Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen Swatches Black Tulip eyeliner


True Teal
Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen Swatches True Teal eyeliner

To see see how they perform on the eye, click through for a few looks with both liners.

Those in the UK can buy Pixi from their own site, Boots or a variety of other places. In the US, the brand is sold at Target as well as from their US webstore.

38 comments:

  1. EEEE these look AMAZING! Soooo creamy and pigmented! Can't wait to see them in action and hear how well they hold up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running these along your hand is almost as yummy as stroking a squirrel brush across it :D~

      Delete
  2. That teal colour is so cool! Well I actually like most shades, can't pick just one! I love your swatches, they really show the pretty shimmer and depth of the pencils. Looks like I might order one of these, can't wait for your looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I don't think I did them justice! I will reswatch if they release new shades ^_^

      Delete
  3. Aaaaaand I just ordered two. I may order more after I see them in use! They look really beautiful swatched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so pretty.
    They are on asos too. Free shipping but only in 3 shades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh these are PRETTY. I never look at Pixi when I'm at Target - there's something about being a midpriced brand surrounded by cheap brands that makes me pass it over. Sounds like it's worth a second look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. It always weirds me out when I see T LeClerc in tatty branches of Sasa in Hong Kong next to $3 BB creams etc.

      Delete
  6. Talk about great minds...I have a post on these pretties lined up for next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I am curious to hear your thoughts. Have you tried many Kiko liners, btw?

      Delete
  7. Oooh! Sage Gold and SOTM look amazing! Haha, the Three eyeliners don't have a green shade so this will be perfect. On a side note, I found the Three eyeliners at Narita airport for 20% off retail... My wallet was hurting after that layover. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you have a penchant for dirty greens :D
      So jealous of your duty free THREE!

      Delete
  8. Love these. I just checked the cup o' liners and found oyster, SOTM, deep plum, and cafe gold. They're much creamier than the UD 24/7 liners. NYX is a drugstore brand here in the US that has creamy lasting eyeliners in some interesting colors. BareMinerals has liners that glide far better than Pixi or NYX, and they stay on through just about anything. Why yes, I do need 5 variations on mossy green gold and at least 10 varieties of plum, it's not an addiction. Not really, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip about Bare Minerals! I always pass that line by (lingering shiny orange face trauma) but I MUST try their liners now.

      Delete
  9. Whaaat?!!! Comparable to those *gorgeous* THREE liners you had me drooling (and crying at the price) over?!! MUST. BUY. EVERY. SHADE!! I wonder how these will compare performance-wise on my very oily lids :/ Ah well, they're so gorgeous, it's worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sample one :D Sadly I can't comment on how they play with lid oilies but hopefully others will chime in

      Delete
  10. I'm too glad you found a "close enough" dupe, as I really couldn't justify spending more than 40 euro on a Three pencil. So thank you for posting this so I can opt for these (more colour variation too). Ps: I hope I didn't portray you as a non-Fordist: I mentioned myself being fickle about liking/disliking the line but eventually lots of them not worthy the large pricetag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. update: they have 3 colours on asos.com: black noir , oyster glow & cafe gold, but with 25% discount with code VIPALERT, perhaps some wanting to try these like can have it even at a more affordable rate :)

      Delete
    2. <3 I was totally kidding about the Fordism :)
      Thanks for sharing the code!

      Delete
  11. these look lovely, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Nice to 'see' you. I am trying to avoid the new COS collection XD

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I DON'T EVEN. I am sure this is how they flew under my radar for so long. My texture-hoor radar.

      Delete
  13. And... I will be stopping at Target on the way home. Black Tulip & Copper Glow, come to mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I did that, found that many of the liners were a bit mangled so an online order *may* have been placed... *shifty eyes*
      Kate, thanks for this, Black Tulip seems like a total gem, can't wait to get them!
      Also, in this category of liners I find MAC's Pearglide eyeliners to be really good, especially a color called Black Russian that came out a few years ago, because it was LE I hoarded it like liners were going out of style. I just reached the end of my first one. Smh

      Delete
    2. Lakshmi, I do like the Pearlglides too but texturally they are a step down from these for me. I hope you like the Pixis! I do prefer the shade range of the Pearlglides (especially some of the old discontinued shades)

      Delete
  14. Love 2x, thank you 2x, LOVE! Will go to Target pronto this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can' t wait to check these out this weekend. I wish THREE and other Asian brands were sold on the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eeep! I hope they don't disappoint. Most of the best liners in my opinion are actually made in Germany (Including the THREE ones) -- I can take or leave the made in Japan ones.

      Delete
  16. So I totally bought two of these today, they're really really different from any other eyeliner pencils I own - even gel type eyeliner pencils. These are much softer and take a lot longer to set (though they do set eventually). Because they're so soft, pigmented, and smudgeable for so long I can do a really thin line that's sort of in my lashes in a way that's harder to achieve with other pencils, it's a neat trick. Still experimenting, but thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! I find them incredibly versatile, especially if you pick up pigment with brushes from the pencil tip.

      Delete
    2. Yes! I was thinking that using a brush with these would be ideal, they are so pigmented & creamy, a brush would be more precise for sure.

      Delete
  17. Ever since getting these, my UD eyeliners get no love at all from me. I need the two new shades pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These Pixi eyeliners look fab! Love cheaper alternatives. :D

    ReplyDelete