Fresh is one of seven shades of Cheek Polish -- liquid blushes -- which Addiction launched this season. Retailing at ¥2940, they'll join the permanent range.
The frosted glass bottle does make this look exactly like nail polish, which is why those helpful folks slapped this allcapsy label on the cap:
right: one big drop straight from the end of the brush
left: the same amount, patted out
To further illustrate all this blather about opacity, finish, and tone, a comparison with Sleek Pan Tao powder blush, which Fresh replaces in my wardrobe:
More comparisons, just to contextualise the orange:
ILLAMASQUA Rude cream blush (likewise with the pinkification!)
SUQQU 07 Komorebi quad's orange-peach (most recently worn here)
CATRICE Dalai Drama
SLEEK Pan Tao blush
ADDICTION Fresh cheek polish
ADDICTION Le Mépris lip crayon (worn in the last look here)
A look, pinspired by this:
Cheeks: Addiction Fresh
Lips: also Addiction Fresh, which was a patchy, dry and tingly mistake (first pic) so I added RBR Kiss Elixir lipbalm before the second picture.
Base: Shu Uemura pink/purple underbase mousse, copious amounts of RBR Sea of Clouds, Burberry sheer concealer 01 under eyes, Shu Nobara 584 on blemishes, Suqqu brow pen 02.
Having now played with this for a week, I've found the best application method to be:
1. Shake shake shake the bottle.
2. Scrape one side of the brush on the edge of the bottle opening, to remove about half the amount of product.
3. Paint a few short swipes onto each cheek (do not also apply to lips as I did here...)
4. Go do something else for a few minutes (I applied eye makeup and knitted a row or two of interminable grey tunic in progress) -- a little 'resting time' makes the polish less runny and much easier to work with; its staining powers only kick in after around 5-10 minutes, by my estimate, so you have time to work with it.
5. PAT, don't swipe the colour evenly over the area you want to be cheek-polished. I use a fine, dense sponge (i.e. Beautyblender) or a small synthetic paddle brush (e.g. Shu Uemura synthetic 14), but I suspect most people will prefer fingers.
6. If you used fingers, wash them, because once this does stain, it stains like nobody's business!
INGREDIENTSWater, cyclomethicone, alcohol, talc, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, triethylhexanoin, tetra octanoate pentaerythrityl, butylene glycol, dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PEG-10/1 dimethicone, PEG-3 dimethicone, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, lavender oil, rosehip oil, (dimethicone / vinyl dimethicone) crosspolymer, silica, sesquioleate sorbitan, hydrogene dimethicone, lecithin, methylparaben
(+/-) mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, red 226
Note that despite the alcohol content, daily use for a week hasn't dried my exceptionally dry cheeks out. I've also not experienced a reaction to the lavender oil, but that isn't one of my personal sensitivities.
For my review of another shade in this line, Suspicious, click through!
For other looks featuring Fresh, see here!